Friday, September 5, 2014

A Sunflower For You





Georgia Girl With An English Heart shared a special award she received with all her readers. It contained a fun quiz that I thought would be nice for me to share. After you read it you might want to go to visit her site to see what she has to say today. Just click on the link above and it will take you there.


1.  WHY DO YOU BLOG?   I have always wanted to write a book of family stories for my children and grandchildren. An old Celtic saying tells us that we are what we come from. My problem was trying to organize the stories into something that made sense. My son kept telling me to write a blog. It was not until another blogger (thank you John (click on his link)) said the same thing that I decided to give it a try. I can choose the thought that pops into my head and write about it. Someone else can organize it if they choose. My blog is for my offspring. Anyone else who wishes to enjoy it is more than welcome.

2)  ARE YOU AN EARLY RISER OR A NIGHT OWL?   I have always been a night owl. The night sounds are relaxing and the moon is never too bright.

3) FAVORITE SMELL?  My very favorite smell is a freshly bathed baby. Flowers especially lilacs also give me pleasure. I like the smell of earth after a good rain too.

4) IF FEELING SAD, WHAT ONE SONG WOULD YOU PLAY OR SING TO MAKE YOU HAPPY?   There are so many. Old Time Rock& Roll, The Unicorn, Maxwell's Silver Hammer, Mrs Fogarty's Christmas Cake, I Wanna Be Like You (from the Jungle Book), Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy... need more?

5) WHEN YOU LOOK IN THE MIRROR, WHAT DO YOU SEE?  I see my mother!

6) HOW WOULD YOU DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY?  It depends on which me I am. Some days I am carefree and nonchalant, or I might be childlike and playful, or I might be quiet and aloof, or I might be thoughtful and mature (not too often though). There are plenty of other "me's". I am always as surprised as those around me.

7) NAME SOMETHING IN YOUR LIFE YOU ACCOMPLISHED THOUGH SHEER DETERMINATION. I think life needs determination to make it through. Perhaps the most difficult thing I ever did was to arrange my mother's funeral. Nuff said.

8) WHAT DO YOU CONSIDER THE MOST IMPORTANT WORLD OR NATIONAL EVENT THAT HAS TAKEN PLACE IN YOUR LIFETIME?  The Viet Nam War had the most impact on me and my family because my brother was killed there. There are so many things I remember and a lot of them affected my deeply but the war is the answer.

9) IF YOU COULD SPEND YOUR LIFE IN A DIFFERENT CENTURY, WHICH ONE WOULD YOU CHOOSE?  I have no idea what future centuries might offer. I certainly do not want to go back in time. People had to work so hard and they often had nothing to show for it. Besides they had no indoor plumbing and we all know how I feel about that! I believe I am just fine where I am.

10) IF YOU HAD TO SPEAK EXTEMPORANEOUSLY FOR ONE HOUR ABOUT ANYTHING,
WHAT WOULD YOU CHOOSE?  I can talk about anything... just ask me and I'll begin. But my favorite subject is my family. All the stories whether they are funny, sad, or just day-to-day life. I can talk you to death about my wonderful family.

Did you find these to be thought provoking questions? It is good to take a look inside sometimes. We are often surprised at what we find. You do not need to make the award if you do not wish to. But I do wish you the sunny color of happiness.

4 comments:

  1. glad to know you more Emma, used to be night owl too, but it all changed after working, now, I have to sleep by 8:30 pm since I must wake up by 5:00 am :( lovely sunflower photo by the way

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One of my favorite jobs was working at the hospital in the kitchen. My shift began at 6:00 AM. I loved it because I then had the remainder of the day and evening for me. I picked up the picture from Georgia Girl With An English Heart. She always has beautiful pictures.

      Delete
  2. Although I have come to "know" a little about you and your family through your posts, Emma, we never really "know" all about someone. Thanks, as always, for sharing more of your views and outlook. And, I might like to go backward in time vs. Forward as people seemed happier decades ago.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perhaps families were closer and relied on each other more then. There is still that indoor plumbing thing though. I like having an indoor toilet.

      Delete